PE and sports premium
The Government are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE).
Extra funding is provided directly to schools.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in school games
- run sports activities with other schools
For details of how Wellington has spent its funding during 2015-16, click here.
For details of how Wellington is planning to spend its funding during 2016-17, click here.