Information about admissions to Wellington Primary School for academic year 2021-22 can be found on the Tower Hamlets website.
Admissions to Secondary School - September 2021
Information regarding secondary transfer, including banding, has been sent out to parents.
There is further information on the Secondary Admissions page of theTower Hamlets website here. They have also produced two films to support you in the application process, and you can watch these below and download a copy of the secondary school prospectus by clicking on the image below.
The visiting arrangements for each school in Tower Hamlets can be found here.
Admissions to Reception - September 2020
The policy and arrangements for admission to the school are set out in the Local Authority's school admissions booklet 'Starting Primary School in Tower Hamlets 2020'. Click here to download a copy of the most recent version. The admissions criteria can be found on page 11. When the 2020 version is published, it will be available on this page.
A paper copy of the booklet can be obtained from the Local Authority's Pupil Admissions Team on 020 7364 5006.
The admissions criteria for Reception are as follows:
If a community school receives more applications than places available, it will not be possible to offer every child a place. Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan, which names the school applied to, will be placed before all other applicants.
The remaining places will be filled in the following priority order:
- Children looked after by the local authority, including adopted children who were previously looked after and children who leave care under a special guardianship or residence order.
- Children for whom it is deemed there is strong medical or social reason to attend the school applied to.
- Children living within the catchment area of the school who have a sibling attending the school (including the school of separate infants and junior schools) and who will continue to do so on the date of admission.
- Children whose parent is a member of staff who has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time of application and/or children of a member of staff who have been recruited to fill a vacancy for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children who live within the catchment area of the school and for whom the school applied for is their nearest community school within the catchment area.
- Other children from within the catchment area of the school.
- Children living outside of the catchment area of the school.
Admissions to Nursery - September 2020
Children will normally start Nursery in the term following their third birthday.
At Wellington we have 50 part-time places with up to 10 full-time places for those who are eligible.
Applications for admissions in September 2020 will soon be open. Parents apply directly to the local authority. Check back soon for further information.
All children aged three and four are entitled to 15 hours a week free nursery education during school term times (38 weeks a year), from the term following their third birthday.
The policy and arrangements for admission to the Wellington's Nursery are set out by the Local Authority. Click here to download a copy of 'Starting Nursery in Tower Hamlets 2020'.
If we receive more applications than the number of places available, then the admissions criteria for Reception above will be used.
The school catchment area is the defined area in which a school is located. It is generally bounded by major roads and/or railway/canal. The catchment area for each Tower Hamlets Community school is set by the Local Authority and designed to ensure that each address in the borough falls into the catchment area of local school. Details of community schools within the catchment area for a particular address can be viewed on the Local Authority’s website: http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/equalchance.
For further information about schools in Tower Hamlets generally, visit the Tower Hamlets website by clicking here.