PE and sports premium
The Government are spending over £320 million on improving physical education (PE).
Extra funding is provided directly to schools.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in school games
- run sports activities with other schools
Our Sports Premium statement for 2022-23 can be found below.
2022-23 Sports Premium statement
Swimming outcomes - End of KS2
% of children who swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 m
% of children who can use a range of strokes effectively, for example, front crawl, back stroke and breast stroke
% of children who can perform a safe self-rescue in different water-based situations