At Wellington we teach each the National Curriculum, as well as Religious Education and PSHE (Personal, Social and Emotional Education).
Many subject are taught within the context of a termly theme. Others are taught distinctly.
We are currently reviewing our curriculum to strengthen the teaching of each subject. This work includes:
- reviewing our curriculum overview
- developing progression documents - these support teachers in delivering a curriculum which
- ensures progression in knowledge, skills and vocabulary
- shows where new knowledge and skills are taught
- shows where knowledge is revisited and skills are practised
- shows where vocabulary is taught
- developing documents which help children to understand the features and learning behaviours of each subject
To find out about each subject, click on the links below: