Information about positive cases at Wellington will be posted here.
Reception, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 5 - January 2022
There have been reported and some confirmed cases of COVID-19 in school.
NHS Test and Trace will contact close contactsAnyone aged between 5 and 18 years who is a close contact of someone with Covid-19 positive case is strongly advised to take an LFD test every day for 7 days and continue to go to school unless your child tests positive.
Some general advice:
- Keep a close watch for the development of symptoms. Anyone who develops any of the main three symptoms of COVID-19 (listed below) should self-isolate immediately and arrange a PCR test.
The three main symptoms remain:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change in sense of smell or taste
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test result must self-isolate for up to 10 days, by law.
- Limit social contact outside school, particularly with vulnerable people.
- Encourage mask wearing for anyone over 11 years in indoor crowded spaces and on transport.
- Keep handwashing.
- Everyone should take twice weekly LFD tests at home or at a community test centre. Please visit towerhamlets.gov.uk/testing
- Vaccines slow the spread of Covid-19 and prevent serious illness. Please visit towerhamlets.gov.uk/vaccinesor call 0207 364 3030 for information and to book an appointment.
It is very important that you continue to inform the school of any positive test results so that we can ensure necessary steps are taken to keep everyone in the school community safe.
For more information on COVID-19 visit: www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/covid19 or https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/